Flat-Face Sterile Coupling
Non-spill, robust and safe for any application
especially in the pharmaceutical field
Special variant of the DBG product series, DN 6 to DN 40
Unique in its class
The flat-face sealing design enables non-spill disconnect and inclusion-free coupling operations.
- Leakage-free separation and connection piping systems and hoselines under aseptic conditions
- Can be sterilized inline: no need for dismantling or disassembly
- For temperatures from -55°C to +300°C
- FDA-compliant, steam-resistant seals inside the coupling, cannot be damaged from the outside
- Excellent flow characteristics due to the inner contour creating optimum flow conditions
- Simple design enables the seal rings to be quickly replaced
- Can be easily hooked up to existing sterile connections such as aseptic unions, Tri-Clamp fittings etc.
- Enables liquid and gas lines to be quickly connected/disconnected without medium losses
- Nominal diameters from DN 6 to DN 40
- Non-spill disconnection: No environmental damage or hazards to persons due to spilled liquid or exiting gas
- Inclusion-free coupling operation: No ingress of air or dirt into the piping system
- CIP capability (Cleaning-in-Place): Inline cleaning without product residues
- Seal replacement at the socket with coupling still in place
- Ra ≤ 0.8
- All types of connection: numerous thread types, hose nipples, flanges, special connections
Stainless steel (1.4404)
FKM, EPDM, FFKM, FVMQ, NBR, CR etc. (also FDA compliant)
-55°C bis +300°C (depending on the type of seal)
* other elastomers on request!
When connected the sterile coupling is sealed to the outside. When the coupling has been disconnected care must be taken to prevent the exposed valve end faces from being touched. To increase the safety of the system these faces may for example be cleaned with ethanol and briefly allowed to dry before the coupling is re-connected. Moreover, the coupling may be equipped with touch guard and protective caps.