GATHER flat-face quick-disconnect coupling, double shutoff, with an electrically heated hose.
In a filling station for special wax products road tankers are filled via hoses. Over the entire filling route the fluid temperature must not drop below a defined minimum, otherwise flocculation may occur. When the filling operation is complete the hose is disconnected from the tanker without product spillage.
Heated hoselines with quick-disconnect couplings offer advantages as follows:
- The hose can be disconnected without product being spilled: the valves integrated in the quick disconnect coupling prevent product from exiting after disconnection.
- Easily adapted to the standard road tanker couplings.
- Through variable electric heating a constant (adjustable) product temperature is achieved.
- Inclusive of temperature controller for wall or control box mounting, heated hose of explosion-proof design also available.
- The quick-disconnect couplings are entirely of stainless steel; elastomer seals/gaskets are available to suit the respective application needs.
- All components are made of stainless steel; elastomer seals/gaskets of Viton, EPDM, Kalrez etc. are used as required.
- Hose design in accordance with VDE regulations:
- Hose inner tube of PTFE (Teflon) with braided stainless steel reinforcement: High chemical resistance to almost all media plus excellent pressure stability.
- The heating element wrapped around the hose tube ensures optimum heat distribution.
- Thermal insulation: Heat-stabilizing silicon hose.
- Stainless steel outer braiding provides protection against mechanical stress.
- The hose remains rotatable in connected condition: no hose torsion, no need for a swivel joint.
- Thanks to stainless steel ring-shaped handles the couplings can be easily actuated with protective gloves.
- Available coupling size from DN 4 to DN 50.